- There's not long left to enter our #British #landmarks #competition - entries must be received by Saturday! http://t.co/FCa9yJu8cg #prize 4 days ago
- If your home has draughts, take a look at this video of our windows resisting on the forces of an industrial fan: http://t.co/Sman4ErPwz 5 days ago
- Bakers celebrating @WorldBakingDay, have you seen our #Kitchen Cheat Sheet? http://t.co/FpiRViFot7 Perfect for calculating #conversions 6 days ago
- If you're planning to be out in the #garden today, how about some tips to build an #eco garden? http://t.co/ntACD8suuK #DoYourBit 6 days ago
- Today is @WorldBakingDay! Are you a traditional #MaryBerry or a modern #LorrainePascale when it comes to baking your favourite sweet treats? 6 days ago
Posts about General
Energy efficiency can be a confusing subject to get to grips with, with a number of buzzwords and jargon terms that can sometimes prove a barrier for homeowners considering making their homes more efficient. To help you tackle the technical terms, here’s a brief jargon-busting guide to the key things you need to know.Read more »
As the world continues to focus on ways to ‘go green’, it seems only natural that a whole week is dedicated to encouraging sustainability in every aspect of our lives. Currently underway, Climate Week is the biggest climate change campaign to take place in Britain – but what do you need to know about it?Read more »
Celebrate individuality with the Everest #MyHouseMyHome Competition
At Everest, we appreciate that a house is more than just bricks and mortar – it’s a home; full of character, life and individuality. To celebrate all the unique features found inside properties we’re running a fantastic competition over the next month, giving you the chance to win £250 worth of Love2Shop vouchers.
What do you have to do? Show us what makes your house a home!
From house to home…
For our regular readers, the concept of making a house a home is something we at Everest have already covered in great detail. Our recent post Home Comforts: 5 Ways to Make Your House a Home offers plenty of inspiration for those looking to make improvements and with £250 worth of vouchers up for grabs you could soon have the cash needed to revamp your home.
How to win
- Photograph the bit of your house that makes you feel at home.
- Send us the photo (how to enter is below).
- Our team of judges will pick the winning entry on the 22nd of March.
We’ve all been bombarded with reminders of the imminent arrival of Christmas in the shops and on TV over the last few weeks. But as the season to be jolly rapidly approaches, you may be feeling less than festive as you try to juggle an amounting number of tasks. Starting the Christmas shopping whilst organising the house for the arrival of family and friends as well as tackling the day to day chores – it seem like your to-do list is never ending! View all of this post >Read more »
We all like to feel that we’re making a contribution towards protecting the environment, and at Everest we’re no exception. In fact we pride ourselves on the energy-efficient qualities of our products and services. Our double glazed windows, entrance doors and flat roofs can help to reduce your energy consumption considerably by minimising heat loss, our timber products are responsibly sourced and our solar PV systems allow you to harness green, natural energy to power your home. View all of this post >Read more »
Considering how much time we spend in them, it’s all too easy to overlook your hallway when it comes to redecorating your home. It’s the first thing you see when you get home after a long day, and also the first impression visitors will get when they step through your front door.
So, with all of this in mind, it’s definitely worth the time and effort to make your entrance hall as attractive and practical as any of the rooms it leads into. There are a number of things you could do to make your hallway more appealing – from hanging some family photos to creating an understated storage space for all the bits and pieces that tend to gather and create clutter. However, one of the most significant factors that can determine how pleasant your hallway looks and feels is the state of your windows and front door.Read more »